Sunday 4 March 2012

I am still having adventures!

I obviously haven't blogged for some time, and in fact haven,t written many poems or songs for a while either. It's not from lack of inspiration, rather just a case of re-direction: I've been creating some new craft items, taking holidays and celebrating birthdays. Apart from making some simple (but fun) door hanger signs for my market stall, I've embarked on a journey of discovery with resin jewellery, using glass shards, rhinestones, enamel, even spider punches to create various styles in pendant bezels and on flat discs. I haven't really presented them at markets yet, so this month will be their earliest outings. Missed out on a market yesterday as it was pouring with rain, which reminded me why I normally only do indoor/undercover markets.

Musically I had 3 full weekends off, and suffered withdrawal symptoms quite early on. I took a ukelele on holidays, but only had one little play for a few minutes. Back to my regular performances now at Brookfield Margate, Southern Lights Hotel, open mic and seniors groups/ nursing homes. I really must create some time to record my album of comedy songs this year: too many things have delayed me in the past 18 months.

That's the thing about being different people; well, I am really just "me", but I have different areas of my life overlapping and blending all the time. Singer, songwriter, poet, crafter, marketer, mc, wife, mother, daughter...... Oh yeah, just like most women!


I love life.

1 comment: